2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee vs. 2019 Dodge Durango
Are you located in Portland or Beaverton and searching for a mid-size SUV that can enhance your drive? Well, take a look at this comparison from Dick Hannah RAM that’s focused on the 2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee vs. Dodge Durango. No matter if you choose the Durango or Grand Cherokee, you’ll get an amazing SUV with impressive performance specs and high-tech features. Take a look at how these two SUVs compare in terms of price, power, and available options with us, and then come by our Vancouver dealership to step inside one of these awesome SUVs!
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee vs. Dodge Durango: Pricing and Configurations
First up on our Grand Cherokee vs. Durango comparison, we’re going to pit these two models head-to-head in terms of the starting prices and available trim options for each SUV. Let’s get a closer look at your options when it comes to the Durango and Grand Cherokee:
- Trim Levels: In terms of trim levels, the 2019 Grand Cherokee comes out ahead with 12 configurations to choose from, starting with the Laredo base model and reaching up to the high-end Trackhawk. The Durango is available in just eight selectable configurations, starting with the SXT base model and ending with its SRT option.
- Base Price: In terms of the starting price for each model’s base-level option, the Grand Cherokee comes in at $32,195 MSRP, while the Durango starts at $30,445 MSRP.
- Top Price: If you want the best out of the Durango or Grand Cherokee, you’ll want to pick their high-end models. The Grand Cherokee Trackhawk starts at $87,150 MSRP for the AWD version. The Dodge Durango SRT model starts at just $63,245 MSRP.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee vs. Dodge Durango: Performance and Fuel Efficiency
While the price is important for many drivers, performance and fuel-efficiency ratings are just as vital when comparing two SUVs. Let’s take a look at the performance specs and features, as well as the fuel ratings for the Durango and Grand Cherokee:
- Towing Capacity: For drivers who want the most powerful SUV, the Dodge Durango can tow a maximum capacity of 8,700 pounds! The Jeep Grand Cherokee doesn’t fall too far behind, though, with its maximum capacity of 7,200 pounds.
- Fuel Efficiency: Whether you go with the Durango or Grand Cherokee, both of these SUVs have a base EPA-estimated MPG rating of 19/26 (city/highway).
- Standard Engine and Transmission: The base engine in the Grand Cherokee is a standard 3.6L V6 24-valve VVT that’s paired with 8-speed automatic transmission. This 3.6L V6 24-valve VVT engine is also equipped on the Durango, although it has ESS technology and is paired with an 8-speed automatic 850RE transmission system.
Durango or Grand Cherokee? Learn More with Dick Hannah RAM!
Come to our Vancouver dealership — which is just a short drive away from Kelso and Gresham — and get hands-on experience with both of these vehicles! Contact us for more information, schedule a test drive, and take a look at our available Durango and Grand Cherokee models. In the meantime, explore the interior of the 2020 Jeep Grand Cherokee and see the entire inventories of new and used vehicles available at Dick Hannah RAM!