2019 Chevy SIlverado 1500
2019 Ram 1500 vs 2019 Chevy SIlverado 1500
Whether your weekend activities take you into Hillsboro or you’re headed into the Gorge for a little R&R, you’ll find the power, performance, and convenience you need in the new 2019 Ram 1500. Unlike other trucks, such as the 2019 Chevy Silverado, the Ram offers more than just utility; it delivers the power, safety, and design features that make fighting Portland traffic something you might actually look forward to. See for yourself how the Ram and Silverado stack up and, when you’re ready to finance, drop by Dick Hannah RAM.
Maneuvering a full-sized truck on busy Portland streets can be a challenge. The new Ram 1500 makes it easier thanks to the advanced safety equipment Ram vehicles are known for, an area where Chevy is lacking.
- Ram offers drivers access to available features like Reverse Stop, a system that automatically applies the brakes when it senses an obstacle behind the vehicle, preventing backing accidents and saving the truck from unnecessary damage. Ram also offers a Surround View Camera System that provides a 360-degree view of the area surrounding the vehicle when reverse is engaged.
- Chevy doesn’t offer autonomous rear braking or a Surround View system on the Silverado 1500, making backing and parking accidents far more likely.
You buy a truck for power and utility, and the Ram over-delivers here as well:
- Depending on the Ram trim chosen, the Ram 1500 can be powered by an efficient V6 or a powerful V8 engine that produces 395-hp and up to 12,750 pounds of available towing capability.
- The Chevy Silverado 1500 has only one engine option; a 5.3L V8 that provides 355-hp and just 9,400 pounds of potential towing power.
Comfort and Convenience
Ram is well known for designing trucks that look as good as they perform, and the 2019 Ram 1500 is no exception:
- Ram’s available advanced key system can not only lock and unlock the door but with the Keyless Enter ‘n Go, it will allow you to access the bed and start the engine without ever taking the key from your pocket. The Ram 1500 can also be equipped with the exclusive RamBox integrated locking tool storage that makes use of the empty space in the rear wheel wells for convenient, lockable storage.
- The Chevy Silverado lacks an advanced key system and, if you want to bring your tools along, you’ll have to fish them out of the truck bed or lock them in the cabin.
Test-drive the Ram 1500 in Vancouver
At Dick Hannah RAM, we offer more than just capable Chrysler, Ram, Jeep, and Dodge service to our Portland and Vancouver neighbors; we deliver value every day too. Schedule a test drive of the 2019 Ram 1500 and see for yourself. While you’re here, see what the differences are between the Ram 1500, 2500, and 3500, compare the Jeep Cherokee to Jeep Grand Cherokee, and browse our guide to RAM 1500 towing and RAM 1500 fuel economy. You can also place the 2019 Ram 1500 vs. Ram 2500 to see whether you need a heavy-duty truck or large pickup truck.